Lilypie 4th Birthday TickerLilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

2.16.2009

The dilemma



The other day i went to get the mail and there it was...the coveted Sports Illustrated Swimsuit edition. I grabbed it with glee and got into my car...but then the craziest mental debate began. It first started off with a back flash to the battle of 1993...Pete versus dad in the Battle of Bakinis. the mag arrives and dad says that we cannot "read" (a.k.a. drool over) the beauty shots. Pete replies that he loves "reading" (again drooling over) the sports commentary found within. Dad disappears with the magazine and later gives Pete back the magazine. Did dad see Pete's persuasion? NO. The photos were cut out. Dad won that battle.

Then I am brought back to 2009 with the magazine awaiting my thorough inspection of its contents. The inner dialogue is between Single Sherman and Married Sherman. Single Sherman couldn't be more excited to see supermodels in swimsuits
(more like underwear). I mean, it is better than the Victoria Secret catalog - thicker and bigger pictures...so I've been told. However, the sensible, married, father speaks up and says that "reading" this might not be the "ideal" way to spend time.

So i pull into our apartment and give the magazine to Esther (no reading on my part). She laughs at my inner controversy and debate. I end up giving it to a single friend of mine. he was elated to behold its pages.

posted by R. Sherman On | 3:55:00 PM




4 Comments:

Blogger James said...

I still have my copy sherm. You are welcome to it anytime.

6:27 PM CST  
Blogger Kauti Nicholls said...

yeah, good choice sherm. i think i would be mad if josh bought that magazine!

the insurance company essentially purchased the totaled car from us. i'm not sure what they will do with it--maybe sell it for parts?

8:14 PM CST  
Blogger Eisha said...

Sherman--you are a manly man!!--Eisha

2:04 AM CST  
Blogger noelle said...

stellar choice, sherm. thanks for keeping my glowing opinion of you fully intact. esther is a thousand times more beautiful.

9:33 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home